March 19th, 2020
Re: Precautions at MCHC
Mountrail County Health Center is dedicated to providing excellent patient care in a safe environment. With the recent nationwide outbreak of COVID-19, we are implementing several precautions that will protect our residents, patients, and staff.
- We have implemented an employee screening procedure upon entry to the building.
- We have discontinued use of the Main Entrance and moved hospital admittance “check in” desks away from the entrance to the nursing home.
For the foreseeable future, patients checking in for:
Regularly scheduled outpatient appointments should check in at clinic reception
ER or Walk-in patients should check in at the ER door (south side of building)
All patients will be screened for symptoms PRIOR to entrance.
- We have restricted foot traffic through the nursing home to essential personnel only.
- We are following the CDC and ND State Department of Health’s Recommendations regarding communal dining, minimum spacing rules, and group activities for all nursing home residents.
- We have increased the number of times that frequently touched surfaces throughout the facility are sanitized.
- All departments are continuing with regular appointments at this time.
Again – if you feel you need to be seen for COVID-19 at MCHC **YOU MUST CALL THE RURAL HEALTH CLINIC IN ADVANCE** to allow our nurses to triage each case individually. 701-628-2505
Please remember this is a fluid situation. We will be posting more information as we receive guidance from the CDC and the ND State Department of Health.