Did You Know That We Wash A lot of Drink Ware to Accommodate our Residents?
This week we are going to fill your mind with a few rarely talked about tidbits about our facility.
So, Did You Know That…
- The Mountrail County Health Center has 101 active computer workstations.
- There are over 200 “mice” in the building.
- We back up over a terabyte of information every 15 minutes.
We have 66 toilets in the facility that are cleaned daily.
So we are sure than you are wondering, ‘Wow, how much toilet paper do they go through then?’Well, we go through 4,160 rolls of toilet paper a year, 80 rolls per week. J
- The total of aspirin given each year to residents is 14,400 capsules.
- We make and serve 53,274 meals per year in the Bethel Home.
- We pour 199,655 scheduled beverages per year in the Bethel Home.This does not include the beverages served to the residents at snack time.This count is just for the daily meals.
- We go through 153,000 gallons of water per month by ONLY the Bethel Home.
- Our laundry ladies do 142,000 pounds of laundry per year for MBH and MCMC.
A CNA typically walks 15,000 steps, totaling 6-7 miles, while caring for the Bethel Home residents during an 8 hour shift.
The first resident at the Bethel Home was Victor Laukala, admitted in December of 1960.Since then, the Bethel Home has been called home to 1,042 residents.
Four hundred and forty seven donations have been made to the Mountrail County Health Foundation since the Capital Campaign started in the fall of 2013.A total of $3,592,042.65 has been donated.
The residents at the Bethel Home are SUPER competitive when it comes to Giant Yahtzee and Card Sharks.
Three thousand one hundred and fifty feet of hospital tubing is utilized per year.
- The average course of outpatient physical therapy is between 7-10 visits.
Even in the era of Electronic Health Records, the Medical Records department still goes through 3 reams of paper, totaling 1,500 pieces of paper per week. On average one patient visit accumulates 20 pages of paper due to printing to a fax or printing to mail out, plus the paper they get from the other departments to scan.
You can find this “Did You Know” and all past ones on our website at www.stanleyhealth.org. We thank you for your continued support. We are always striving to do better.
Nobody takes care of you like your own.